Do’s and Don’ts During Store Clearance Sale
One of the main reasons people line up in clearance sales is the assumed value. Let’s admit it, the great price reductions are too hard to resist. However, whether you are a first-time clearance rack digger or a seasoned pro, there are some do’s and don’ts.
- Plan for a very long day unless you are going to the stores early in the morning: Expect a crowd of shoppers who also bargain hunt like you. Dress comfortably.
- Bring a list: Check your closet first before the scheduled clearance sale and list down what you and your spouse and kids will need in the next few months.
- Observe what the cashier is ringing while at the store: Stop her if the item that is supposedly on sale is not priced properly. Review the receipt when you get home in case you missed an item or two.
- Save and bring all the coupons you can bring: Using a coupon or two can save you a few dollars. If ever you need to grab a slice of pizza mid-way, a coupon will be very handy.
- Learn about the clearance return policy: Some clearance sales are final (i.e. jewelry) while some aren’t. Read the fine print so you’d know what to do if the shirt you just bought doesn’t fit right.
- Shop in the suburbs: Stores located in these areas often charge lower than their mega city counterparts. Thus, the prices when the items are on sale are much lower.
- Buy the first on sale items that you see: Why? That’s because the stores usually put the deeply discounted racks at the back (known as the end cap). Scout the perimeter first and check each aisle if you must.
- Buy on Wednesdays: Stores usually prepare marking down the prices of items on Thursdays for the surge of clearance shoppers on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
- Overspend: Yes, these are clearance sales, but that doesn’t mean to spend all your extra cash on them. Finding a $5 deal that you aren’t going to use in the future is not a good deal at all.
- Buy items that you don’t have a space for: Some of us have the tendency to stockpile. However, if these items will only eat space on your home, you might as well skip buying the item.
- Scoring the items during a clearance sales is easy if you know where to start: Above are some tips to help you ace your next bargain shopping. Just two more tips: maximize your time and budget!
Good luck for your visit to upcoming clearance sale.
About Author : Jeric is a blogger and a business enthusiast. He currently writes and blogs for Greenbelt, a mall that offers remarkable retail, dining and entertainment options in the city